Monday, June 07, 2010

Don't let it eat me alive!!!

Okay, granted my little brother is 3o and not so little...way taller than me, but he is good to my kids and I. He bought us a pool and we have been in it everyday since he put it up.

Today Gracie was getting out of the pool and Nana was helping her. My mom swatted a mosquito and Gracie said, "Hey, stop it!" My mom replied with, "Well, Gracie the bug was going to eat you alive!" The funniest thing happened Gracie had a complete freak out screaming, "No, no! Don't let it eat me alive!!" I was laughing so hard I couldn't even begin to calm her down. I finally regained composure and told her it was okay, but it took 25 minutes for her to stop her hysterics. She kept telling us the bugs were eating her alive.

I know in mommy-dom it was probably the wrong thing to do, but I seriously couldn't stop the laughing. These are the moments that I know I will have a therapy bill when Grace is 13...and right now it is worth it.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I think you're in the clear on this one for the therapy bill. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm going to remember your story as I go camping tomorrow.